Intro to Digital Photography - Virtual Live
In this 3 week online Live class, students will get to know the fundamentals of the camera and its mechanics, understand the principles of lighting and framing, and post-production editing to make their photos the most impactful they can be.
This class is open to any photographers of any skill level but will be geared towards beginners exploring the initial capabilities of their photography gear.
● The exposure triangle: ISO, Shutter speed, Aperture
● White balance
● Reading histograms
● Various camera modes
● Composition and compositional tools
● Project concept development
● Principles of lighting (e.g., natural, artificial, hard, and soft)
● Light modifiers and light shaping tools
● Best lighting for portraits
● Storytelling (i.e., image sequencing)
● Adjustment techniques
● Image categorization and preparation (i.e., importing into Lightroom rating system, exporting for social media)
Duration: 3 sessions (1 per week on Mondays)
Instructor: Eli Dreyfuss www.elidreyfuss.com
Digital camera with manual control, tripod, one or two lenses (Zoom lens or fixed lens), SD Card, Computer with SD card slot or a card reader for their computer. Minimum of a one month subscription to Adobe 2020 photography package.